1. Ignacia – So I finally made a Kingdom Hearts character after watching all the cut-scenes from BBS and KH2. I never made an OC for this series, which is pretty shocking seeing how I love it so much, so voila, meet Ignacia. I haven’t fleshed her or her story out too much, and I’m still trying to figure out the colors on her outfit. The colors I wanted to have make her look like a firefighter or a friggin’ crossing guard, and it upsets me greatly. So that’s gonna take some time. But I do have a bit of basic info on her: Ignacia is from Radiant Garden. She was 19 during the Keyblade War, and fought under King Oswald (Mickey’s predecessor). She’s still alive, but in suspended animation somewhere in Castle Oblivion. She has an older sister who is even less developed than she is atm (I don’t even have a sketch). That’s really all I’ve got on her so far. She’s kinda low on the list of characters I’m messing with right now since a whole slew of other things are grabbing my attention, but I’ll get back to her eventually.
2. Caroval – The idea for this guy came pretty much out of nowhere. I was watching this www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1uVi4… and noticed that when they got to that little carnival the sign had misspelled it as “caroval”. I thought that sounded pretty cool, and I’ve been wanting to make a Ringmaster character, so I came up with him. I had a bit of trouble coming up with an outfit I liked (the first one I came up with was almost painful it was so boring), but I think I’m gonna stick with this. I’m just having trouble deciding what color his hair should be. Anyway, about him: Caroval was loosely based on the Warden from Super Jail, and his personality is very similar. If you don’t know who that is, look it up. At first he was just going to be a plain old crazy person who happened to be running a carnival, but that was boring, so I ended up turning him into an Old One (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_One_… [Tl; dr: He is an extremely old god-like being who could obliterate the universe with a flick of the wrist]). Humanity amuses him, so he’s kept a surprisingly low profile despite owning his own mobile theme park and all. He enjoys talking in riddles, especially when it comes to history since he was there for all of it and knows what really happened. His true form is pretty ghastly but no one alive has ever seen it. He does drop a few hints every now and again, though. That thing below him is what he does to get new workers: he hypnotizes them then steals their souls by jamming that tongue down their throats (and a bit of god-magic). And no, he’s not picky about gender (he’s got pleeenty of both, trust me.). He might appear in the merfolk comics at some point. He’s too much fun to be left alone.
3. SnK OC – I’m just going to do her description the traditional way since I have it:
Name: Clara Fontanilla
Heritage: Spanish (Spain)
Height: 175.26 cm (5’9”)
Weight: 61.25 kg (about 135 lbs – subject to change)
Eye color: Forest Green
Hair color: Light Brown
Division: Scouting Legion (I don’t care what the official name is – it will always be Scouting Legion to me!)
Bio: Like Sasha, Clara was raised in the mountains. When she was 7, Clara’s left leg was trampled by a spooked horse. She was bedridden for a year, but her leg never healed properly and still causes her pain, forcing her to walk with a distinct limp. Her father was in the Scouting Legion, and his death was what made her want to get out of bed and start training so she would be accepted into the academy. She graduated (Somewhere in the top ten. Not sure where, exactly. Just not #one, ‘cause that would be silly); her older brother was first. Along with him, she joined the Scouting Legion a year after the fall of wall Maria.
Personality: Distant, cold, rather formal and direct towards strangers, especially after her brother’s death. During the winter months, she gets extremely irritable due to the cold inflaming her injury. Towards close friends, she’s quiet but relatively amiable, however begrudgingly.
Random facts: Clara often assists Hanji with her “experiments”, though she’s not sure how to feel about them. She admires Hanji’s over-zealousness, but expresses it through insults (Hanji doesn’t seem to mind). When she’s in the field, Clara bites on a stick to help distract from the pain in her leg. If she needs to talk, she spits out the stick she has and replaces it the first chance she gets. In addition to the sack of sticks she carries, she stashes them all over the place, including in her clothes. She’s developed a taste for tree bark and can often be found roasting it. Despite her foul mood suggesting otherwise, Clara actually loves the cold weather, which is part of the reason she gets so touchy when her injury prevents her from enjoying it.
I love this character. Like, a lot. All this stuff came so easily, you know? Anyway, this is the first drawing I did of her, so I might mess with her leg a little to make it look a bit off next time I draw her.
4. Wolf girls – We were discussing descriptive writing in English, and for some reason I remembered this drawing I did for a contest thing in elementary school. I don’t remember exactly what it was, but I think we had to design a Halloween monster. We had to write a page or so describing what we drew, and another person had to redraw it based on that paper alone, and whoever got their character redrawn the closest won. I ended up writing three pages. Was it necessary? Probably not, but I wanted to win, dammit! But I didn’t. I remember that I specifically said the drawing took up most of the page, and the girl I gave the description to drew it like an inch tall smack-dab in the center. I was so pissed. I think she ended up winning, too. What you see on the left is… sort of what I drew. I got rid of the original drawing ages ago, so it’s probably not exact, but I redid it to the best of my memory and this was the result. This thing brought back a lot of nostalgia (and bitterness), so I decided to redo her entire story and appearance, and that’s what’s on the right. She’s now a spirit who guards an old forgotten shrine and the forest surrounding it. Her clothes aren't actually white; I just deleted the colors I had because it didn’t really suit her. I’m still playing around with designs on it, too. Also, it has come to my attention that I can’t draw masks worth shit. If anyone knows a good tutorial on this matter, a link would be much appreciated. Thank you.
5. Hurricane – I think she’s pretty self-explanatory, but just in case: this is my personification of a hurricane. My mother has a knack for rushing around trying to get things done, and I had the thought that she was a mini hurricane, and this design popped in my head. I don’t think I’m going to do anything with her, I just wanted to show.
6. Shizue (Arpeggio of Blue Steel OC) – If you haven’t seen/read this series yet, DO IT. Seriously, it’s amazing. Anyway, this is my OC Shizue. She’s the Mental Model of a fast battleship (not sure what class yet). She is currently a member of the Fog. She likes dancing as she fights, and rather enjoys human music (particularly dubstep since, well, she’s a machine) and has it constantly blasting on deck, much to the chagrin of fleet members. Her spiral hair is supposed to be on both sides, but I was lazy and didn’t draw it. She’s also supposed to have a necklace with a charm on it, but I accidentally erased it and again was too lazy to draw it. I’m still looking for pictures of ships for her, so if anybody knows where I might find some good ones, please let me know. I want to make an entire Fog fleet of my own, but I haven’t gotten anywhere with it yet.
7. Lakuda (left) and Narai (right) – These two are from a tribe on an uncharted island. They are going to appear in the merfolk comics later on (and I mean way later) as consorts to one of Darmine’s grandchildren. They’re more than happy to share him, but sometimes playfully sabotage the other’s ability to be there when he comes to visit. Lakuda is super bubbly and has a thing for flowers (even poorly drawn, generic-as-hell ones), and Narai has a friendly but sophisticated personality and has an odd fascination with jellyfish. I haven’t decided whether they’re human or not, and I don’t think I ever will. It’s more fun that way.
8. Magi OC – Umm… Not much to say about her. I don’t really know what I want to do with her, to be honest. I really like how her outfit came out, though. I’ll update this when I have a definite story.